1. The question - What is the question your trying to figure out whether it be, "What soil type makes grass grow fastest", "What is the cleanest window in the school?".
2. Do your research - Learn all about your question, get information from the web, books and people before you start doing your experiment.
3. Make your hypothesis - Make a educated guess with the information you've gathered in do your research.
4. Experiment! - Finally you can experiment! Experiment to see if your hypothesis is correct. In the "What soil type is best for grass" you would get different soil types like sand, compost, clay and get grass seeds and see which soil type makes the seeds grow the fastest. Write down all your steps.
5. Analysis - Record what you did in the experiment part. This is usually called "data"
6. Conclusion - Compare your data to your hypothesis and see if your hypothesis was correct if not don't worry you've learnt something!
And that is the scientific method
If you still have a question don't hesitate to contact us here.